Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Trails 2008

Well, my final triathlon of this season is completed. I'm pretty happy about that fact.

I've been struggling a little with my training over the last month, and finishing was a pretty big feat. I'm mostly happy with the results. I was 2 minutes faster than last year, though that wasn't any thanks to my swim (1 minute slower) and my run, which I walked plenty of (pretty much the same as last year). But my bike I did in about 47 minutes, which I was pretty happy about. With transition times being roughly the same as last year, my overall time was 2:01:23.

I'm missing that elusive mark under 2 hours; maybe next time.

I'm a little burnt on the swimming right now, so I'm taking a little break from that, but will be focusing my summer on the DALMAC, and Since apparently biking is my best of the 3, it'll be nice to focus on that, and still running in between.

The day was marked by an impending storm, which never really materialized, though it spit a little during my bike portion, and it made the grassy run course just a little slick. That's pretty much how the whole spring and summer has gone though. So it was an appropriate ending to my tri season this year.

I'm probably not done with these things, because they ARE fun.

Here are some fun photos from the day.

No comments: