Thursday, September 11, 2008

Struggling

Ok, so after the DALMAC I was sore for 1 day. 1 day! I think that is awesome. I mean, I basically was working out 5-6 hours a day for 4 straight days and I had mild muscle soreness in my quads. I am pretty proud of that fact.

By Tuesday I was ready to go! However, it is very important to rest after big events. Reward yourself, so to speak.

I, of course, feel guilty the whole time I am resting because I feel like I should be doing something, however, Master Jo says that I should rest so I did. I slept in every day and took 1 full week off and it really was quite wonderful.

Now, though, I am struggling to get back into it. I've had a pretty good week so far, 2 - 3 mile runs and 3 weight workouts, but it has felt harder than usual. I think this is where I gave up running before. I ran the 10 mile crim in 95, then I took a break that never ended!!! ;) So I definitely don't want to do that.

So wish me luck as I push through this first tough week back.

And a note to Master Jo: If you have advice on how to deal with this (though I assume you never have these feelings because you are super woman), please let me know!

No comments: