Sunday, September 9, 2007

Bike Maintenance

Well, I was *supposed* to do this today: http://url.rexroof.com/11561
But the trip got twarted after 10 miles, because yours-truly got a flat tire and I wasn't really that prepared.

Fortunately, my friend Rex was able to call a friend to come get us and take us back to his house so we could get my car and go pick up our bikes (which we locked up at Whitmore Lake HS).

So we only got 1/3 of the miles we planned, but at least I got a workout in. And I learned my lesson: I need to carry some tools, a spare tube and a bike pump with me. I will work on getting these for my next outting.

I also am going to look into some bike maintenance courses so I can learn more about taking care of my bike. Especially when I get my new one!!!

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

I know you'll be prepared next time. I too am trying to learn a little about bikes so that I'm not a helpless female. Good luck with that. Never can be too prepared!