Saturday, September 8, 2007

Diet Update

Well, it's been two weeks since the triathlon and here's what I've been up to:

1. Resting: I was on exercise hiatus for almost 2 weeks.

2. Cutting Back workouts: I started back this week with a 3 mile run on Thursday, Spinning on Friday and a 20 mile ride today. My goal will generally 5-6 30-45 minute workouts a week, which is half of what i was doing before. But if I miss one here or there, I'm not gonna lose sleep.

3. Cleanse: Well the day after my triathlon i started a diet called the "Master Cleanse". It's basically a liquid diet for 10 days consisting of lemons, maple syrup and cayenne pepper (and water). well I lasted 36 hours, before I switched to an eating cleanse diet. This was recommended by my doctor, and his wife just completed 10 days of it, but there is no way I could go on more than I did. I like cleansing diets because they help get stuff out of your system, but more importantly for me they are like a fresh start for my mind. But apparently, I need to eat something for them. ;)

4. Diet: I started back at the medical weight loss diet which helped me lose 65 lbs between Fall of 2005 and December of 2006. After the cleanse, I lost 5 immediately, which was good, because that was almost what I gained after having 3 days of "the last supper" before my diet. ;) I have since lost 2 more, which I am happy about. I am going to continue this for 4 months (with maybe a break for vacation and holidays) and try to lose 20 lbs. But I'll take what I can get. My goal is 1 lb a week, so that would make me happy, but is not crucial to my overall happiness.

5. Target Training: My cut back workouts will look something like this:\
. M/W - Swimming 30-45. Focus on intervals for speed
. T/Th/Sa - Running 30-45. Same focus as swimming
. T/Th - Weight Training
. F - Spinning
. Occasionally - fun bike rides with friends
. Occasionally - 5k races to monitor speed increase.


So that's it. I'll keep you posted on my progress as it comes!

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

Wow. I am so impressed. You are dedicated! I know you'll get where you want to be. Sounds like a great plan!