Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Last Dance

for the year anyway...

My last triathlon is this Sunday. I have mixed feelings about it. I'm glad it's almost over, so I can back down a little, and I'll be sad because training is fun.

But mostly, I'm glad it's over. I'm getting a little burnt out and my motivation is not as it was at the beginning of the summer. I do *not* want to lose it totally, so it's just time to take a little break, and then go back to normal work outs.

After I report on this next tri, I will begin a new path until early next year which will include the following:

1. A fasting/cleansing diet to reset myself
2. A diet to try to lose a little weight
3. Less training, but focusing on speed and form in swimming and running and also some spinning classes.

I will detail those more later on, but for now, just keep sending me good vibes to keep pumped up for my last 3 workouts before the tri.

2 comments:

Flabulous Mom said...

I know you'll do great! It sounds like you have a great workout plan for after the summer too. That's wonderful! I know you'll be in tip-top shape and ready to go for anything in no time at all. So planning for the ironman should be a breeze right? :)

Fat 2 Fit said...

So, some people say I am crazy... Half-moon lake in Pinckney - a good first ever Tri you think? I want to squeeze in at last 1 next year. I don't care if I come in last - I just want to finish. You are a great inspiration! I hope that we get to train together at least a little bit next year!