Friday, August 31, 2007

More Boring Triathlon News

Well I figure since my tri season is over, I need to flood you with the last details of my race, because other than specific training, I won't have much triathlon specific news throughout the winter.

That and I finally got my split times, which I am quite please with, so I thought I would share. So this is for any stats geeks out there!!!


I placed 11th out of 15 in my age group.
I placed 224 out of 251 over all athletes
I placed 76 out of 84 women

Break down:

SWIM: 26:50.7. Rank in the swim was 212 out of 251. Note: I was 2 minutes faster than Kensington! Patti beat me by 7 minutes.

TRANSITION 1: 1:48.2. Rank in T1 was 86 out of 251. Note: I was 2 minutes faster than Kensington, but the distance between the water and the transition area was much farther at kensington.

BIKE: 48.42.5. Rank in the bike was 195 out of 251. Note: I was 2 minutes faster than Kensington (a much hillier course), but I can do that bike in 45 minutes, so I definitely lost time on my little debacle. However, I (on my mountain bike) only lost to Patti (on her road bike) by two minutes on this leg, so it's likely I may have beat her here had I not fallen.

RUN: 38:31.5. Rank in the run was 225 out of 251. Note: This was roughly the same as Kensington, except this time INCLUDES the transition time, so actually I was faster. AND, I beat Patti by 5 seconds!! This was the first time I beat her in any of the legs of any of the tri's we've done. I'm not obsessed with beating her, but we have a very friendly competition and we are close in ability (except for the swim) so we really push each other to get better.

So I am VERY happy with my results. I mean I was before when I just knew my overall time, which was 1:55:52.9.

2 comments:

Fat 2 Fit said...

Looks like awesome times to me! Next year you'll probably even improve your times more!

Flabulous Mom said...

What a great job NAA! I think you did awesome! 3 Tri's in one season. That's quite an accomplishment! Be proud!