Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tri Season has begun!



Yep, it's that time of year again in Michigan, time for the indoor triathlons to start up in prep for the outdoor season in May/June.

This time last year, I was SO nervous, but this year, I didn't have to push as hard because I was in such better shape. It was kinda fun to see the improvement over last year, though more in some areas than I thought and then less in others.

The breakdown:

Swim: This year I swam two more length than last year and *almost* three. I was just shy of that 24th length. I was of course hoping for more here, but I am just a slow swimmer.

Bike: I was about a 1/4 mile faster than last year. Last year 4.1 and this year 4.37. I actually think I would have gone a little bit further, however, we think their 5 minutes in between was a little shortened, as we were timing it, and when we got on the bikes, they were already 1 1/2 minutes into the ride. So we lost some time there. But whatever, I was still faster. :)

Run: Biggest improvement here. I ran 11 laps improving 2 over last year. Each lap is 1/2 miles, so I ran a sub 10 minute mile and I was quite happy about that!!

So over all I was happy, especially with the run. The run will be my big focus this year, and considering I was running an 11 1/2 minute mile in triathlons last year, I feel great about this.

It was a fun day, because not only did my faithful companion, Patti, join me, but our husbands too! Everyone did great! Tim, even with his foot problems did 9 laps on the run, I was very proud of him!!

1 comment:

Fat 2 Fit said...

Nice boob shot! Or was that to show the shirt? I wasn't sure.