Thursday, May 8, 2008

Running

Today I went for a run on a new route around my neighborhood.

Normally I run inside my neighborhood, but this one takes me out onto some of the surrounding and fairly busy roads, one being M-59. I am trying to increase my distance, so this is my first attempt at a 4 mile route, and I really don't like doing loops (because I have a hard time making myself do them), so I wanted something different.

I had a good run, 4.3 miles in 45 minutes, so I'm happy and I feel good.

Then I get a message from my cousin this morning on my voice mail: "Um yeah, it's 6:11 am and I'm on M-59 on my way to work, and I see this hot brunette running on M-59 between Prestwick Village and Livingston road with a reflector vest on. I mean she's totally hot, but kind of an idiot for running on M-59. Do you know her?"

Then I talked to her and explained that I was only on M-59 for 2 minutes and the shoulder is very wide there (a car width), so I am totally safe. She was impressed that I had the forethought to put the reflector vest on, running on busy roads, so I think she kinda approves now, not sure.

I just thought that a) her message was funny, b) It's so nice of her to be concerned about me and c) it was such a coincidence that she saw me when I was only on the road for 2 minutes and it was my first time!

Anyway, it was a good run. Next run: 5 miles.

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

good for you! Your time looks great and 4.3 miles is awesome. How do you like the new route?