Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tres Chicas Rule!


Today was my first every triathlon relay! The event was an Olympic distance triathlon at Big Fish Triathlon in Ortonville, MI.

Here are the highlights:

1. My team: The illustrious Patricia Nemeth, swimmer extrodinaire, the incredible Jo Laansma, awesome and dedicated runner and little ole me, the biker.
2. Beautiful morning. Started out about 60 degrees.
3. All 3 of us were under our personal goals. (Swim 42:49, T1 1:30, Bike 1:26:09, T2 :29, Run 57:33)
4. My sister Teresa and her husband Bob came!
5. Tim - what more can I say? :D
6. We weren't last.
7. A really fun day. Before we said it felt a little like cheating because we weren't doing the whole thing, but after, since it was the longer distances (1500 meter swim, 25 Mile Bike, 10 k run), we all said it didn't feel that way after.
8. Awesome pictures can be found here.

It was just so fun to experience this with my good friend Jo and my bestest cousin Patti. Tres Chicas, you rule!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm so glad to hear that your car-turning incident didn't derail your ability to perform well in this!

Fat 2 Fit said...

congrats!!! :)

Ernie said...

Also glad and impressed (but not surprised) that biking incident couldn't hold you back. Rock on!