Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Competitiive Edge

How do you get that? Is there a pill? ;)

Being a non-athlete, I don't really feel like I have it.

In things I know I can excel in, I do, like cards, darts, etc. But in most athletics, I feel like I give up before my competitiveness kicks in.

I want a competitive edge so that when I'm in a race, it kicks in and I stop thinking about how tired I am. Is that so much to ask?

But since I never competed as a kid, I'm not sure if I'll ever get it, or if it'll just take a while to teach this old dog new tricks.

2 comments:

Fat 2 Fit said...

Hmmm. That is a good question. If you find the answer please let me know!

I have never had it either. But heck, I would be happy just to not have so much cottage cheese everywhere at this point! :)

Flabulous Mom said...

Maybe having to work harder to be athletic make us appreciate it more? Who knows! I'm with you F2F, not so much cottage cheese would be great! Just got to keep pluggin away at it!