Friday, May 25, 2007

Locked & Loaded

Well, good news, the wetsuit fits great. I have already put a small tear in it, so I had to order a repair kit, but it's not bad, I just don't want it to get worse.

So Thursday my cousin and I went out to the course for the triathlon and rode the bike course and then ran the running course. (That was after a 30 minute swim in the pool by yours truly before I went there too!) It went very well. We did not get into the water there, but it looks fairly harmless (calm, small, etc.) I had been losing a little bit of sleep worrying about the whole thing, and this has put my mind at ease. The bike was fairly easy, though different from Kensington because there isn't much coasting, it's mostly flat, so lots of peddling. The run was pretty easy too, nice and shady!

So the next feat was to try the wetsuit out. Tim (my husband) insisted on me going to a lake, so we did today. I *totally* freaked. The place we went was a boat ramp to a near-by lake and it is gross and weedy, and I didn't like it. So I left.

Then I had the brilliant idea to go to our outdoor pool, which opened today. Well that didn't work because it was 90 degrees.

So even though I dreaded it, I sucked it up and moved on and went to Kensington and swam in the lake there. It still kinda gross, but the beach area is a little more friendly than the boat ramp I was at early in the day. I swam for 30 minutes and felt great. I plan on swimming there the rest of the summer if weather permits. It's better than the pool for me.

So I am feeling fairly ready. I think one day before Thursday I will do the whole triathlon distances here, and then take two days off prior to the event.

I feel I have done everything I can do to prepare, and I will just keep working out until Thursday and try not to stress.

I am looking forward to getting this one under my belt so that I can concentrate on beefing up my workouts for the 7 weeks following it, because Kensington is a MUCH tougher course.

1 comment:

Fat 2 Fit said...

You TOTALLY are my idol! I cant swim in a lake right now, I would drown or just float until someone runs me over with their boat. :)
You are gonna do GREAT with your tri next week. BTW, are we doing that Milford 5K or the run through Hell? :)

-F2F