Saturday, February 9, 2008

Workout Variety

This week has been interesting for work outs:

1. I am trying to increase my swimming time. I'm trying to swim a mile each time instead of the 1/2 mile I was swimming. But I'm slow so right now only half is just me and half with fins. The fins make it a little easier, but it's still pretty darn hard. But I've been doing this for about 4 weeks now, so it's going well.

2. One day I gave up a workout to help Tim shovel 8 inches of snow. Well actually I surprised him by getting 1/2 done before he woke up so he didn't have to rush before he left. He was so happy and I got a decent 1 hour workout. Something different to mix it up.

3. I already told you about my foo fighters run, well the next day Tim and I ran together. We walked 2 laps, ran a mile, walked 2 laps ran a mile and then walked 2 laps. (Probably about 2.5 miles total, but 2 running, .5 walking). He clocked our run times and our first mile was 10:20 and the second one was 10:02 baby. So happy about that.

4. Today I ran at the track with the track team!! Well they were there so i didn't really have a choice, but it is somewhat motivating. I actually didn't have my best run because I had to make a pit stop in the middle (I hate when the urge comes on!) and that 3rd mile I walked a little, but I did do some sprinting. The coach told me he was impressed with me, and I said "yeah right!" and he said "No, really, you did a great job!" So maybe he was sincere, but maybe he was flirting. either way, I'll take it!

5. Also today, we went to planet rock for some indoor climbing. I went until my arms would work no more. It was a total blast. I have a feeling I'll be sore tomorrow.

So much for blah winter workouts!

3 comments:

Ernie said...

Variety is so crucial.. I get incredibly bored biking and running the same routes and distances all the time. And all the muscles that normal routines don't hit need love too.

Flabulous Mom said...

What a great way to mix up your workout! That's totally awesome! Great job on your running, your times look great! The rock climbing sounds like it was lots of fun. Might have to try that sometime once I get over my fear of heights...:) Keep it up!

Fat 2 Fit said...

You are doing great! I wonder (seriously) if a swimp3 player would improve your swimming times? I need to get a mp3 player for cycling and running - if I ever get to that point where I can say I am actually running!...

Sometimes I REALLY envy you and your freedom (no kids!)...