Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mama's got a new pair of shoes


While I was on one of my trips, my wonderful husband went to REI and bought me some new biking shoes with coordinating new pedals.


Then when I was on another trip, my awesome husband (yes, the same guy) took my bike to the bike shop, got it tuned up and put the pedals on and put the clips on the shoes.


Today was the first day that I got a chance to try them out. I've been a little stressed out about them, because I have a fairly big fear of falling, and I don't love the idea of being physically attached to my bike.


So I went out into the grass to practice while my wonderful husband (still the same guy!) was inside eating and watching out the back door. I had a really hard time starting, because I was so afraid to fall. And guess what? It was no big deal!!! I did fall twice in the grass, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I even ventured out into the road a little. I think tomorrow we'll go out a little more in the neighborhood until I get really comfortable.


I'm so proud of overcoming my fears. :)

No comments: