Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thankfulness

Since it is Thanksgiving this week, this seems appropriate:

I hit a major milestone this week... I am officially under my lowest weight as an adult, that I hit in 1995. 2 lbs to be exact. :)

I was with Weight Watchers at that time, I had lost 120 lbs. I got stuck at that weight.

Then I got complacent and started slowly gaining about 5 lbs a year for the next 10 years. I tried everything to get back to that place I was at in 1995. I yo-yoed up and down in those 10 years, but mostly up.

In the fall of 2005 I started on the path I am now. It's been hard, slow, but so rewarding and fun at the same time. Even more so than last time.

I do not plan on getting complacent again. That's why all of you are so important to me. My support system. I couldn't do it without you. I love you all.

So today I am thankful. I still want to lose about 17 more lbs. But the goal for now is to "diet" until end of January then start tri-training again. And where I am at the end of January is where I am. If it's 5 more, fine. If it's 0 more, fine. As long as there is maintaining or losing, I will be happy. After January, I will maintain through tri-season and give it another try (tri?) ;) if I need to.

This is my path now, and for this, I am so incredibly thankful.

2 comments:

Pat said...

You look MarVeLous! Don't know where you will get 17 lbs to drop! Enjoy the ViCtoRy!!!!

Flabulous Mom said...

Congratulations on reaching that milestone. That is so awesome. You have been so motivated and have the results to show for it. Great job!!