Friday, November 30, 2007

Winter has arrived

Every Friday I go to a spinning class with my cousin Patti and her neighbor Stephanie at 5:30 am. Last night Patti sent this email and I thought it was funny:

Well ladies, bundle up in the morning. It will be a roasting 10 degrees at 5am. Makes you want to spin even faster to warm up. I love Michigan mornings. No wonder we are one of the most obese states in the country.

The ideal thing to do when it is 10 degrees out is stay inside and eat a stack of flapjacks drowning in syrup and a side of sausages with enough grease to soak your finest paper plates, some eggs with extra cheese and country gravy poured over it and as a bonus you can spray a full can of whipped cream over a few pieces of canned fruit packed in heavy syrup. Then, curl up by the fireplace or open your oven and turn on the broiler for some radiant heat while you watch some rerun's of the price is right or wheel of fortune. AHHH, the good ol' days.

2 comments:

Flabulous Mom said...

LOL! That was quite an enjoyable entry to read. I have to say that there I days I really agree with the idea! But even if I'm not exercising like I should be everyday, I do try not to over do the eating. But it does sound like a yummy thought!

Fat 2 Fit said...

Ummm... woops - that's the old days?? ;) just kidding! It is so hard to get motivated to go out and do ANYTHING though when it is cold. It seems like a work-out just getting dressed to go outside - and to dress a toddler and a preschooler. At least you have a hot tub to take a dip in after the spinning if you want to. Hey - do you have a hook up for your laptop in that hot tub?? ;)