Friday, November 16, 2007

You can do anything

I was watching "the Biggest Loser" the other day when the trainer named Jillian said something very profound.

There was this woman who was well over 300 lbs and she was running up this sand dune carrying sand bags and Jillian was yelling at her to get her up that hill.

When she got to the top, Jillian said to her "Look what you have done! Look at the strength and power you had coming up that hill! That strength will transcend into EVERY aspect of your life."

This is so true.

I can't tell you how my life has changed over the past two years. I am more confident in EVERYTHING I do. My successes I have had in weight loss and racing have built me up, made me a better wife, a better friend, a better worker and better at everything. Not because I am thinner, but because I am healthier, I feel better and I am happier.

On my vacation, I went rock climbing. Did you hear me? ROCK CLIMBING? I would have never tried something like that before, because I never thought I could.

Guess what? I can do anything I want. So can you. Go on your ride, go do your triathlon, go run your marathon. And then go do ANYTHING else you put your mind to, because you can, because you are awesome and can overcome ANY obstacle!!

No comments: