Sunday, July 22, 2007

Another One Bites the Dust!

Well, my second triathlon is now officially under my belt! I finished at 10:00am this morning. I wanted to finish the race in roughly 2 hours and 2:02 later, I was complete, so I am quite happy. I think I am officially getting addicted.

Dissection of a race:

The swim for women 35 and up started at 8:02 am, after the elite racers started. The swim was a 800 meter swim in Kent Lake. The temperature at the time of the race was about 58 and the water temp was 73, so it felt very warm. My goal for the swim was under 30 minutes, which I did the swim in 29:13, so I was quite happy with that even though I am still FRIGGIN SLOW!

The bike, my best leg, I did in 50:24. The fastest I had ever done that course. Two training sessions ago, I did it in 56 something, and the last training session I did it in 52 something, so in the last week or so I shaved 6 minutes off my time, thanks to my friend REX who gave me the suggestion to tighten my shocks and make sure my tires were fully inflated, which they were not prior to the race. So that really helped a ton. My friend Jo was about 4 minutes ahead of me on the swim, and I caught her on the bike and passed her and probably beat her by a minute. I knew she'd smoke me on the run, so I had to win at least ONE LEG!

The run, I was slow. I did it in 38:36, slower than usual for me, but I was ok. I was pretty exhausted after the bike, even though it was a good one. I ran the whole way, so I'm ok with that.

Add 3:40 for Transition 1 and :55 for transition 2 and that adds up to 2:02 overall.

I didn't take last in my age group, which is always a bonus, and I actually was the overall winner for the Athenas (160 lbs+) . There were only 3 people in the athenas but they were younger! (one 36 and one 40).

As usual, my awesome husband took more photos. You can find them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69742387@N00/sets/72157600953825925/

So it's done, the one thing I've been training for for seven months is done and what a fun experience this has all been. My plans for the next few months are to do one more tri before the end of the summer, work on losing some more weight in the fall so I can get faster, and then start training again for next year in the winter. I *have* to get a road bike, and I need to work on the swim and run, all goals I will set for next year.

2 comments:

Fat 2 Fit said...

That's so awesome! I really do want to do one of these too! Maybe next year I can get enough time away from the kiddies to train.. LOL

Flabulous Mom said...

You did wonderful! You should feel good. Those times sound great. I know that by the time the run comes around that it can be tiring but you ran the whold way and did really great! Congrats!