Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Competitiive Edge - take 2

Well a while ago I wrote about getting or having a competitive edge, which I totally didn't feel like I had. But you know what? I think I *may* be getting one! I think I have found the key for myself to pushing yourself harder: Find what you do well and do it with friends.

Seriously.

I have found that doing these triathlons with my cousin and my friend have made me want to push more.

For instance, in this last triathlon, between the 3 of us, we each excelled in a different discipline. So now, I am HUNGRY to get better on the bike, because apparently that is going to be my thing. I still need it for swimming and running, but I do think the more you do stuff, the better you get at stuff, the more competitive you will be come with yourself. So I will get there with swimming and running, but man am I glad I'm getting that feeling SOMEWHERE!

This all might sound like such common sense for some of you, but apparently I am finally just getting it!

2 comments:

Fat 2 Fit said...

You totally rock! So, next weekend cycling? Another awesome benefit of cycling is that it really sculpts your lower body when you do it regularly. Just look at the scenery at Hines Park and you'll see what I mean! ;)

Flabulous Mom said...

LOL, all I got to say is that Hines Park must have some pretty nice scenery! Going to have to go with you and F2F sometime there and check it out! I thnk that's great that you found what works for you. I have to agree that doing what you like with other people helps keep you motivated! You and F2F plan on moving west anytime soon? :)